I was furious today. I am one those people who research everything. It makes me feel better to have as much information as possible.
My little one things I am so clever. He has this thing for science experiments and we did one over the weekend. He is so amazed by the fact that I could do a science experiment. I am not sure what he thinks about his mother specifically, but science experiments was not on the list of things I was supposed to do.
- You need pancakes, I am the one you call.
- Mama is a witch, in that I can do magic. ( I led him on here)
- Mama is good for hugs.
- You want sweeties, ask Mama, as she will likely give them.
- Mama reads stories well (Papa reads so deadpan, I don’t blame the child). I do voices and sound effects.
- Mama writes everything the right way.
- Mama has handkerchiefs and stuff inside her bag.
- Looking for something, ask Mama.
- Mama knows nothing about science experiments (surprised him on that one)
- Mama does not know how to play soccer (surprised him on that one)
- Mama works in an office and loves it (he sometimes threatens to punish me by not allowing me to go to the office…I don’t love work that much).
- Mama does not know how to turn on the Wii (I led him on here)
Things that are bothering me right now:
- The school: I just need them to get with the programme. We pay huge amounts of money for them to teach our child, and I expect that if I follow the rules they set out, they too need to follow the rules. I have let my dissatisfaction be known to them.
- The psychologist: We all have personal lives and I understand that sometimes life happens. When life happens and it affects my professional environment, I go out of my way to accommodate the meeting, etc. I have missed. She is not doing that and is making her personal problems my problems and is not accommodating the inconvenience she has caused in my life.
- Nissan: I had my car fixed there, only to find that the idiot technician/mechanic did not properly test drive the car. They just let it run on whatever machine they have, which runs straight, not turns, hence they did not pick up the problem that they have now caused. And then the service advisor tells me the two parts are not related, like I am an idiot. Of course the wheel bearings and CV joints are in the wheel hub, which they opened up and interfered with. I am female, not an idiot. I am not a mechanic, but I am not an idiot. Car had one problem and you fixed it, and now it has another problem, I do not need to be a mechanic, or male to work that out.
- Our local professional institute: As per my previous blog, they have no thought of being inclusive. And while the manager is very competent, she drives me insane when she talks to us like we are five year olds, learning to read.
- My FIL: He is in my space.
- My Hubby: He is on call and every time that phone rings in the middle of the night I want to destroy it. I just need to sleep without interruptions.
- The Trustees where I live: They do not know the first thing about anything and think that being a trustee has given them autonomy over the complex. As soon as you disagree with them, they pull out the “We are the trustees, we know better and it is about majority vote” Like really? It is my money you are supposed to be spending, get out of my way.
- Myself: I need to stop being so angry at the world and just let it go.
- The cats: One is tearing up the place, the other has no backbone.
- The caretaker: He keeps sending bulk messages about stupid stuff. I have now blocked him, because I cannot deal with that. I do not need anyone else’s religion or political views forced down my throat.
- My sisters: I have a job which I work at very hard and I am good at. Stop calling me a plan drawer, it is offensive.
I do not often bother with these types of things, but since I have become a news junkie and had my eyes forcibly opened at my last job, I notice a lot more.