The new year begins with optimism and all good thoughts. I had a lovely, and extremely busy break. Two weeks of working very hard and ensuring kids were fed, bathed and happy. Then one week of busy sight-seeing with our little family of three.
This is going to be the last post of the year. We are off for three weeks on Friday. IO am so looking forward to it.
This year has been an emotional rollercoaster and a year when I learned a few things:
- I am a good mother. No headmistress, psychologist or teacher will ever again make me think I am any less than a good mother. All a child needs is love.
- I am a good teacher. I can find the way to make someone understand something.
- I am a not so good wife. I have taken my husband for granted. He is not just a supporting role in my story, he is my story. This break is for reconnecting and reminding us both that I need to be nicer to him. He is my love.
- Changing jobs was one of the best things I have ever done this year. I feel so much better.
- I am all about justice and doing the right thing…I need to remember that deciding what that is, is not my sole responsibility or right.
- I can do more than I think can and believing goes a long way to getting things done.
- I am a generally good person, but sometimes I am not….those sometimes need to be worked upon.
- I have lived away from my parents house for eleven years, but I still miss them terribly.
- Kindness is the best way to carry yourself.
Thank you ladies for all the support and kind words.
I know things are terrible in terms of scams and crime in our country. But sometimes there is that person that tugs at your heart and you feel like you are supposed to help.
I used to often give people lifts and I stopped when HB came along, because as many have said, safety first. I have a family to think of.
But that day, if I was able to safely stop, I would have. I just felt, that this was just a mother struggling through the rain. Of course I know nothing, it never crossed my mind she and the child would do anything bad to me. Even when I wrote the post, it never crossed my mind about crime and scams, until the comments. Hubby often tells me I am far too naive about some things, which he finds strange in a woman who is so sure about just about everything.
I feel very sad about that lady and that is where the post came from. Hubby did not understand why helping her would cross my mind, and I could not understand where he was coming from. I think it is just one of those situations you have to be in and make the judgement call that your heart is at peace with. Driving on, was not the right thing for my heart, because I feel I could have found a place to stop, or other people would have been ok if I stopped in the road for a few minutes. It bothers me.
I do understand the argument for a dangerous situation, but I do judge myself as having made the wrong choice in that situation.
I should have helped her…here was me driving along in my brand new car, happy that it has a high ground clearance and the puddles where no problem, and there was the two walking without even the benefit of a second umbrella.
I am not here to judge anyone about anything…I often write posts that are to help me resolve something going on with me.
Pretoria has been having a large amount of rain. The ground is pretty soaked and there is a lot of surface run off. Yesterday I was driving home. It was terrible. The visibility was low. I was driving uphill and the road was like a small river. Everyone was driving quite slow, trying to get through this terrible rush hour raining traffic.
What I have been doing:
- Formatted hubby’s laptop and then the recovery disc did not work. At least the store easily sorted it out for about R500,00. I feel bad, but at least there are zero viruses on it now (well there was zero anything after I was done).
- I have another private job, yippee! and that means extra money on my car.
- Related to the above point, I finally bought a brand new car. I have never had a brand new car before. I finally decided that mine had done its bit and it was time. It is exciting for me.
- Sold my eighteen year old car, in less than a minute for more than I would have thought. Dropped it off yesterday, after the money was in and I am happy it was to a dealership, not a private person.
- Still trying to get the party pics done. I have made up the private post and I will email the info this week.
- So looking forward to holidays. I counted the weeks yesterday, just under eight left.
- No lunch today…forgot about it, so guess I will have rusks and milo for lunch, maybe peanuts, because that is what I have in my emergency stash. I have to relook at that stash.
- I huge, well hubby says no, but I feel huge and that is because I did stop exercising, there did not seem to be enough hours in the day.
- HB is almost done with Grade 0. New uniform, new campus, new teacher. Looking forward to it.
- Made a few new friends with the school gate Moms. Even the stay at home ones. We have visited with each other, had the kids play, eaten together, and looks like we could be good friends. It is possible, I think, if you make an effort to get together, beside the school gate, you can make firmer friendships. I think Marcia called this containers?
- Looking forward to December, did I say that one l already.
- I have so much work to do, instead I am typing a blog, because I need a break.
- Had my eyes tested, fully confirmed it is stable. On the downside, they are stressed eyes so I do need to take better care at the PC. Also, bad, the abscess I had in my eye actually did scar. So I possibly am going to have a few issues later, but on the upside, I could have become blind from the scarring but I am not.
- HB is turning into a teenager at six…and it is not going down well in our house. The backchat leaves me at a loss as to what is the appropriate response. I am speechless in the face of that backchat from a six year old.
- How to deal with a six year old teen? I just send him to his room and we talk about it after. We take away the screen time, and now we will have to start taking away lego, etc. Children!
- I cannot wait to see my family in December. Need to get going with their gifts. I just do the kids.
- Hubby does not want not want to see his family. I did say we should go, do the 12 hour drive and just see them, but he says, no, and he has asked me not to insist anymore. Last year it was tiring, but OK. HB only vomited in the car once.
- I should really go work now