Pretoria has been having a large amount of rain. The ground is pretty soaked and there is a lot of surface run off. Yesterday I was driving home. It was terrible. The visibility was low. I was driving uphill and the road was like a small river. Everyone was driving quite slow, trying to get through this terrible rush hour raining traffic.
You know you see those Moms who are supermoms. They are well put together, they are on time, they volunteer for stuff, their kids are always in ironed clothes, perfectly packed lunch. They are crafty and one of those pinterest moms…and you think…I wish I had it together like that. Here I am, tired, barely hanging on…hoping no one will notice that I already wore that shirt earlier this week and it was on the wash line and it was not creased so I wore it again.
What I have been doing:
- Formatted hubby’s laptop and then the recovery disc did not work. At least the store easily sorted it out for about R500,00. I feel bad, but at least there are zero viruses on it now (well there was zero anything after I was done).
- I have another private job, yippee! and that means extra money on my car.
- Related to the above point, I finally bought a brand new car. I have never had a brand new car before. I finally decided that mine had done its bit and it was time. It is exciting for me.
- Sold my eighteen year old car, in less than a minute for more than I would have thought. Dropped it off yesterday, after the money was in and I am happy it was to a dealership, not a private person.
- Still trying to get the party pics done. I have made up the private post and I will email the info this week.
- So looking forward to holidays. I counted the weeks yesterday, just under eight left.
- No lunch today…forgot about it, so guess I will have rusks and milo for lunch, maybe peanuts, because that is what I have in my emergency stash. I have to relook at that stash.
- I huge, well hubby says no, but I feel huge and that is because I did stop exercising, there did not seem to be enough hours in the day.
- HB is almost done with Grade 0. New uniform, new campus, new teacher. Looking forward to it.
- Made a few new friends with the school gate Moms. Even the stay at home ones. We have visited with each other, had the kids play, eaten together, and looks like we could be good friends. It is possible, I think, if you make an effort to get together, beside the school gate, you can make firmer friendships. I think Marcia called this containers?
- Looking forward to December, did I say that one l already.
- I have so much work to do, instead I am typing a blog, because I need a break.
- Had my eyes tested, fully confirmed it is stable. On the downside, they are stressed eyes so I do need to take better care at the PC. Also, bad, the abscess I had in my eye actually did scar. So I possibly am going to have a few issues later, but on the upside, I could have become blind from the scarring but I am not.
- HB is turning into a teenager at six…and it is not going down well in our house. The backchat leaves me at a loss as to what is the appropriate response. I am speechless in the face of that backchat from a six year old.
- How to deal with a six year old teen? I just send him to his room and we talk about it after. We take away the screen time, and now we will have to start taking away lego, etc. Children!
- I cannot wait to see my family in December. Need to get going with their gifts. I just do the kids.
- Hubby does not want not want to see his family. I did say we should go, do the 12 hour drive and just see them, but he says, no, and he has asked me not to insist anymore. Last year it was tiring, but OK. HB only vomited in the car once.
- I should really go work now
I will do the party post, I just need to collate the photos…I promise ladies. Today I want to talk about something else that has been at the forefront of my mind.
The party is almost here. I have sewn and glued so many things. So what do we have:
Centre pieces are almost done. Balloons will finish them off on Friday night.