I remember the reason I started a blog, way back in the day was because of Valentines day. I remember reading all these blogs that just hated Valentines day and said how they never celebrate it. I love Valentines day.
The new year begins with optimism and all good thoughts. I had a lovely, and extremely busy break. Two weeks of working very hard and ensuring kids were fed, bathed and happy. Then one week of busy sight-seeing with our little family of three.
This is going to be the last post of the year. We are off for three weeks on Friday. IO am so looking forward to it.
This year has been an emotional rollercoaster and a year when I learned a few things:
- I am a good mother. No headmistress, psychologist or teacher will ever again make me think I am any less than a good mother. All a child needs is love.
- I am a good teacher. I can find the way to make someone understand something.
- I am a not so good wife. I have taken my husband for granted. He is not just a supporting role in my story, he is my story. This break is for reconnecting and reminding us both that I need to be nicer to him. He is my love.
- Changing jobs was one of the best things I have ever done this year. I feel so much better.
- I am all about justice and doing the right thing…I need to remember that deciding what that is, is not my sole responsibility or right.
- I can do more than I think can and believing goes a long way to getting things done.
- I am a generally good person, but sometimes I am not….those sometimes need to be worked upon.
- I have lived away from my parents house for eleven years, but I still miss them terribly.
- Kindness is the best way to carry yourself.
Thank you ladies for all the support and kind words.
Hubby and I had our meeting with the educational psychologist this morning. The relief I feel is so good. She said to us that she has not spoken to the teacher as she prefers to work without preconceived notions. (I feel better). She asked us questions about Honeybear and the type of child that he is and all the little things to get to know our little boy from our point of view.