I am looking forward to the weekend. It has been busy and hubby has been working the last two weekends. I have no kiddie playdates organised, just one grownup playdate.
What I have been doing:
- Formatted hubby’s laptop and then the recovery disc did not work. At least the store easily sorted it out for about R500,00. I feel bad, but at least there are zero viruses on it now (well there was zero anything after I was done).
- I have another private job, yippee! and that means extra money on my car.
- Related to the above point, I finally bought a brand new car. I have never had a brand new car before. I finally decided that mine had done its bit and it was time. It is exciting for me.
- Sold my eighteen year old car, in less than a minute for more than I would have thought. Dropped it off yesterday, after the money was in and I am happy it was to a dealership, not a private person.
- Still trying to get the party pics done. I have made up the private post and I will email the info this week.
- So looking forward to holidays. I counted the weeks yesterday, just under eight left.
- No lunch today…forgot about it, so guess I will have rusks and milo for lunch, maybe peanuts, because that is what I have in my emergency stash. I have to relook at that stash.
- I huge, well hubby says no, but I feel huge and that is because I did stop exercising, there did not seem to be enough hours in the day.
- HB is almost done with Grade 0. New uniform, new campus, new teacher. Looking forward to it.
- Made a few new friends with the school gate Moms. Even the stay at home ones. We have visited with each other, had the kids play, eaten together, and looks like we could be good friends. It is possible, I think, if you make an effort to get together, beside the school gate, you can make firmer friendships. I think Marcia called this containers?
- Looking forward to December, did I say that one l already.
- I have so much work to do, instead I am typing a blog, because I need a break.
- Had my eyes tested, fully confirmed it is stable. On the downside, they are stressed eyes so I do need to take better care at the PC. Also, bad, the abscess I had in my eye actually did scar. So I possibly am going to have a few issues later, but on the upside, I could have become blind from the scarring but I am not.
- HB is turning into a teenager at six…and it is not going down well in our house. The backchat leaves me at a loss as to what is the appropriate response. I am speechless in the face of that backchat from a six year old.
- How to deal with a six year old teen? I just send him to his room and we talk about it after. We take away the screen time, and now we will have to start taking away lego, etc. Children!
- I cannot wait to see my family in December. Need to get going with their gifts. I just do the kids.
- Hubby does not want not want to see his family. I did say we should go, do the 12 hour drive and just see them, but he says, no, and he has asked me not to insist anymore. Last year it was tiring, but OK. HB only vomited in the car once.
- I should really go work now
Yesterday I had a huge Mummy fail. I still feel so bad about it. I know we all do it and I will do it again….
This week is my first official week at the New job. So far it is extremely busy and I am trying to make a good impression. Besides showing that I have the know how they require, I am trying to avoid the need for over time work. With Honeybear it is just not possible.
Hubby and I have huge plans to do nothing this weekend. It has been so busy with all the party planning and me moving jobs, it feels like we have not had a moment to ourselves just to be with each other as a family. Family time is so important to make sure everyone is well and connecting. I notice we all tend to fight with each other when we have disconnected by not making time for each other.
I have also gone back to cooking once a week on the weekend. Not having cooking waiting is a huge time saver in the afternoons. I know freezer food is not everyone’s cup of tea but at least it ensures dedicated family time and a home cooked meal waiting for us. It also means less dishes to wash every evening.
Hubby is definitely moving to work close to us with slightly shorter shifts. It is going to be nice to see more of him. As I write this blog I am still waiting for him to get home. He is having a visit with his boss. I am trying not to be upset that we are not seeing him tonight when it was supposed to be family time. I know sometimes you have to socialise with the boss in the best interests of your work but it is not nice for the family waiting for you at home. Oh well, life happens and we will have a whole weekend to ourselves.
I think I am just waffling on now. Take care.