On Saturday we cooked…really cooked. We cooked 31 meals, which means even though we were tired, we are done for a whole month. It took all of Saturday, and we hosted a playdate too. It was a busy busy busy day.
A friend said she tried to cook like we do, but she failed and she is never doing it again. I have to be honest and say it would be a big ask for one person to do this alone. I would most likely not do it. Hubby and I work it out together and we cook together and the rule is, clean as you go, so we do not sit with a huge pile of dirty dishes to do when we are tired after cooking. We prefer to do it on a Saturday, so that we can get a break on the Sunday.
We also have a plan, written out, that we can work with and strike of as we go. We also know the order we are cooking in, so that once the oven is hot, we cook everything that needs the oven, one after the other. We also have the pans ready, the heavy duty foil and marker ready. You have to label everything, include the date too. Sometimes I might add something later, and you do not want food lying in the freezer for too long.
We cooked two dishes on Friday, while we were eating dinner. I had got off work early and we decided to get a start on the stove top cooking.
The other way to do it, is to cook a double portion and build up your stash of meals over time, which I do sometimes. Like, I will roast two chickens and freeze one.
In non food related news…
Sunday I was so sick, I spent the entire day in bed. I only moved out of bed to use the toilet and have a shower. Hubby brought food to me and I just stayed there….and I feel a heap better this morning. I needed to ensure I was well for work and I am. I have not slept that much in a long time.
I knew I was feeling a little sick on Saturday, but I was too busy to get into being sick. On Saturday I got into bed at 20h00 and I was done. I awoke at about 02h00 on Sunday morning with the most incredible pain in my head and face. I tried to blow my nose, but it did not help. Eventually I went to sleep sitting up and it helped. I think the sinuses where just unhappy and lying almost flat does not help.
I also managed to finish my costume design and price it out for the school. I will make one prototype next weekend to work out the kinks. I just have not found a suitable bonnet pattern I am happy with.
HB is learning Zulu, which is great, but I don’t really speak Zulu myself, and everytime he needs to learn a new word, I have a bit of research and then I have to teach it to him. I have not worked out how to get it into his head…currently we are just using repetition, but I need a better system. I try to find the easiest word, without any clicks in it and teach him those first…the Zulu teacher can teach the click words. My knowledge of Zulu is greetings and then random vocabulary which I cannot really piece together…It would be great if I could actually speak the language.