I have been looking at schools…next year Honeybear will be old enough to go to Grade 000 at a big school. I went to the website of the school we have as number one to make an appointment for a school tour. I did not make an appointment. I am not sure HB is ready yet for big school. At the nursery school they all know him and love him and understand his whims and what he needs. I am not sure if he will become swallowed up into a school system. The only reason we want to get him into big school as soon as we can, is so that come Grade 1, we will not have school issues. There is no assessment for the Grade 000 so it should be easier to get him in. The kids from Pre-prep at the same school get first preference into Grade 1 if they pass the assessment.
In my heart of hearts I know HB is not ready. He is a shy and sensitive child and I think it will do more damage to get him into a big school too soon. The nursery school caters up to just before Grade 1 so we still have time.
He still reaches out for me at night to hold his hand, he still clings to my leg if a stranger appears, he calls for Mama if he cannot see me, he is not ready for a school uniform and aftercare yet.
I am not ready for school uniform yet.
It broke my heart the first time I had to drop him off at nursery school and I feel the same about big school. He is not yet three so I have closed that website and I am not making any appointments just yet. I will speak to Hubby and tell him I am not yet ready to do this. I still want my baby to have the chance to be my baby for a little longer.
PS: I think I have decided not to have a second child. Hubby seems to have made his peace with it, and I think I have too. I just do not have it in me for two children right now, and maybe when I am ready, I will be too old.